I realised that I'd not removed the old swing arm spindle and bushes before I sent the arm off for painting. So, with trepidation, I removed the old bushes, cleaned up the spindle and put new bushes in, along with new shim washers, grease nipple and dust caps. I then fitted the arm.
I bought a cheap pair of shocks from eBay that look just about correct, but probably don't perforn brilliantly. But, as I don't intend to ride this bike much, I'd rather it looked the part.
I went on to loosley mount the foot pegs. I had some pattern foot peg springs that I used, but, they don't sit perfectly. I'll need to see if I can get NOS springs, that hopefully fit better. That can wait for now though. I also fitted the stand, with NOS genuine spring, nut and bolt.
This is satisfying!